Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

Dragon Festival: Tug of War Empty Dragon Festival: Tug of War

Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:25 pm

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior
Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Dragon Festival: Tug of War.

While normally the location of bouts with the Kraken, the cavern containing the lake had a gathering of a different sort on Moon’s evening: a tug of war. After a moment of chatting, Huskarl Trenna explained the game, stating “We will have two teams. Cordon as one team captain, Bauh as the other. They can pick their team mates until everyone participating has a team. Then we grab the rope and on a count of three... begin the war. The war ends when one team is swimming and the other is jeering at them."

For the first match, Huskarl Cordon’s team consisted of sera Milani, Karl Renna, and Commander Nexian. On ser Bauh's team was this chronicler, Huskarl Trenna, and Mistress Filusae. It was time, then, to begin pulling.

Both teams flexed their strength one against the other, but after several hard tugs from Cordon’s team, the opposing team found themselves in the pool. Some time was taken for the denizens to extract themselves from the pool, and some substitutions were made. In Mistress Filusae’s place would be sera Oydela, and in Huskarl Trenna’s place was ser Venture. Both teams grabbed the rope once more, and began heaving.

Although ser Bauh’s team fared better during the second bout, they were still unable to overcome the strength of the other team, and found themselves once again in the Kraken’s pool. As they removed themselves, it seems sera Milani’s performance was particularly impressive. So much so that she was asked for the final bout to pull against ser Bauh. The onlookers watched curiously as they stood on opposing ends of the lake, and pulled against one another. The two were evenly matched, however sera Milani’s fortitude won the evening, bringing ser Bauh to a third visit into the lake.

A cheer went up from the crowd and everyone congratulated both Huskarl Cordon’s team and sera Milani, specifically. The event ended with Huskarl Trenna stating that she would have the rope handy for the rest of the festival, if others were up for a random game, perhaps while awaiting the Kraken’s appearance.

Those who attended this entertaining event included Duke Lucus, Huskarls Cordon and Trenna, Commander Nexian, Mistress Filusae, Karl Renna, Yeoman Kobe, sers Bauh and Venture, seras Oydela and Milani and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum