Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

Guild Week's Banquet Empty Guild Week's Banquet

Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:56 am

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Guild Week’s Banquet.

Saturn’s evening was filled with good cheer as denizens attended the closing of Guild Week with a banquet in the Outer Bailey’s Theater. The room featured a number of banners, representing guilds and groups of the castle as well as a table furnished with numerous trays that were filled to the brim with drinks, desserts, entrĂ©es and appetizers.

The audience was encouraged to try some of the drinks before the event truly began. Warm words were exchanged and refreshments were enjoyed before Yeoman Kobe climbed the stage and began speaking: “We are gathered here today to celebrate and honor the great Guilds that make up the foundation of this castle and to thank and celebrate all the people who took time out of their already busy weeks to make creative and fun events to showcase their guilds." Ser Kobe continued, stating that he was pleased with the amount of events that were held this week, and was looking forward to “an even bigger and better guild next year on behalf of the Heralds.” Lastly, he thanked Sir Varick, Ser Daiomonion, Mistress Kaira and the Chambers for their aid in making the week successful.

The ser motioned to the banners decorating the room, saying that although not all of the guilds and groups of the castle were presently represented, that there “will be time to have a banner made for next year and that will be announced a little late.”

After a brief pause, the winners of the various contests and tournaments were announced, and given prizes. They were as follows:

Ser Venture, for winning the Chess Tournament
Sera Mizuki, for winning the Martial portion of the Winter Watch’s Tournament
Sera Larysa, for winning the Heraldic portion of the Winter Watch’s Tournament
Mistress Filusae, for winning the Flyting Tournament

Ser Venture accepted seras Mizuki’s and Larysa’s prizes on their behalf. Mistress Kaira accepted Mistress Filusae’s winnings on her behalf.

After the prizes were distributed, the guests were welcomed to the feast that laid before them. As they enjoyed themselves, Sir Varick encouraged the gathering to look over the Guild Banners: “It is our hope that over the course of this next year those Guilds who wish to see their banners altered, updated or otherwise changed can reach out to the Heralds. We will be happy to work with your Guild's designs and the Clothiers so that they might be all the more impressive, and a more central focus, next year. For now they shall remain available for viewing within the Outer Bailey Herald's office."

The evening ended with the denizens planning banners, offering congratulations and happily chatting over the wondrous culinary spread.

Among those who gathered to celebrate the ending to Guild Week were Sir Varick, Mistress Kaira, Captain Vessa, Lieutenant Kathris, Armsman Nazrin, Yeomen Kobe, Ilyas, and Khalea, Watchwoman Kallistya, ser Venture, sera Arlenia and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum