Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Candlelight Banquet Empty Candlelight Banquet

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:51 am
Eighteenth Day,  Second Moon,
Twenty-Fifth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Candlelight Banquet.

Despite the blowing breeze, the misty glade was warm and welcoming as people began to arrive at the Ardor banquet.  Mistress Kathris and this chronicler had decorated the grounds in shades of blush, wine, and candlelight gold, and blushed shaded trays of food covered the table.  Many of the foods crafted specially by Master Geoffry for the event were also tinted pink, with Lady Galatea noting, "Even the bread is rosy."

The crowd gathered and chattered while musicians strummed in the background, many catching up on the week and chatting about the events they had attended or planned to attend such as the Duelist's upcoming 'Love Story' time.  A sampling of treats and drinks were gathered, including some unique desserts and special pink drinks as people got settled.

After about half a bell or so this Chronicler and Mistress Kathris invited the room to join them in a fun word game based on the theme 'love and beauty'.  Denizens were encouraged to come up with the most interesting definition they could think of based on real but uncommon words.  Some of the best definitions from the evening included the following:

Mistress Auriela on redemancy -  "Woo'd with ..... well if Kathris agreed then I am going to go with war. Woo'd with war."

Mistress Brighde on redemancy - "Redamancy... The habit of persons to fall into a rut and repeat the same pattern of red within their wardrobe over and over."

Sir Raulison on pulchritudinous - "Pulchitindis or whatever you said - The act of punching someone affectionately."

Sir Varick on snoozle - "It's what you call a dreadfully boring person. Or a bad play."

Sera Koari on snoozle - "A snoozle is clearly a beast found in a fae forest. It's well known for its fluffy fur and making a cute little sound."

Serjeant Nexian on redemancy ""Redamancy...  A school of sorcery about pinks."

Plenty of other answers flitted through the sounds of the forest and the trees as people tried to come up with some of the most ridiculous answers they could.   After some time the game came to an end and the group turned their attention to desserts and sweet treats.  Chattering continued in good humor for nearly two bells.  After some time people began to gather their favors, specially crafted candles just for the event, and began to disperse, hopeful for the remaining events and much more fun from the festival to come.  

Those in attendance for this event included Ladies Galatea and Sinvy,  Serjeant Nexian, Sirs Varick and Raulison, Mistresses Auriela, Brighde and Kathris, seras Lunete and Kaori, ser Kobe, and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Kaira
Court Chronicler

You cannot reply to topics in this forum