Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Susan
Susan

The Royal Banquet of the Fifth Moon 22YRA Empty The Royal Banquet of the Fifth Moon 22YRA

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:17 pm
Sixteenth Day, Tenth Moon,
Twenty-Second Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of The Royal Banquet of the Fifth Moon 22YRA.

The latest Royal Banquet has been announced, and it will be held on the seventeenth day of the tenth moon. The petitions which expect to be addressed at this banquet are the following:

• Sera Fatealaria for Honoured Guest, put forward by Lady Sinvy
• Sera Kathris for Honoured Guest, put forward by Dame Eeva
• Sera Auriela for Courtier, put forward by Lady Ezraella
• Sera Vessa for Courtier and Knight Errant, put forward by Dame Eeva
• Sera Adeline for Royal Archivist, put forward by Lady Calamity

The last Royal Banquet occurred during the fifth moon of this year. Herein is a recounting of those promotions which were announced on that occasion.

Honoured Guests

There were three petitions for Honoured Guest put forward for consideration. These were for sera Alyndra and sers Ilatai and Westley. Of these, sers Ilatai and Westley were promoted to Honoured Guest.

However, His Highness Prince Bertram extended a kind message to the Court with regard to sera Alyndra: "I wished to touch upon the last [petition], sera Alyndra, submitted by ser Radorcha. While she did not make this round of promotions, I would invite the Court to please pay heed to this sera and get to know her. Much of the commentary was neutral to negative, based on lack of familiarity with her. Not all of Her Majesty's denizens are sociable creatures, so it is our duty as members of the Court to ensure that even the wallflowers are seen and acknowledged for their contributions to the Castle. It is easy to see the Ilatais who shine brightly, but perhaps not so easy to see the Alyndras who tend to hide from the crowds."

Of ser Ilatai, His Highness stated the following: "Ser Ilatai was put forth last Open Court by Lady Calamity, and supported by Dame Eeva ... The petition cited ser Ilatai's exceptional courtesy, readiness to serve, willingness to learn, and was noted as one of the most active denizens over the last quarter per Treasury records. He was also witnessed to show tenacious prowess during the Yule festivities and this has only carried on to his duties within the Royal Army. He was supported by those who wrote in unanimously."

Ser Westley was not in attendance, though His Highness had this to say: "Ser Westley was put forward by Mistress Taite for his work within the Awakeners, being cited as one of the greatest boons to the Awakeners she has had the pleasure to work with. Not only has ser Westley lent himself to aiding those newly awoken, he is also acknowledged as an active artist, having hosted drawing bells, as well as bravery during the recent interactions with the Prime Elemental, Megaera."

Other Promotions

Master Leodegrance was promoted to the Acting Master of Heraldry. This promotion was based upon the Crown's review of a submission of work on his part. The Office of Heraldry's remit has organically expanded over the years to include more than the traditional management of blazonry. As His Highness explained, the Office now also is charged with handling "diplomatic affairs, from mediating during discussions with other entities, to engaging in trade, to greeting dignitaries from other realms." The prince acknowledged that this might sound 'odd' to the listening guests, but he pointed out that "Over the past decade our interactions with foreign entities has increased quite a lot."

Service with Distinction

His Highness Prince Bertram expressed a wish to acknowledge the services of those who had worked particularly hard during what He described as the "Petulant Pixie incident", referring to the occupation of Lady Hieronyma's Conservatory by a toad-like pixie named Creature.

Of the Conservatory itself, Prince Bertram made an amusing jocularity which produced chuckles and smiles around the room: "I had placed sera Isadora and Mistress Juliana as caretakers of the Conservatory until Lady Hieronyma is back to her usual cantankerous self. If I suddenly perish, she obviously doesn't like being called cantankerous." The humour of the jocularity derives from a reference to Lady Hieronyma's vast knowledge of poisons, necessary in order to fulfil her role as Royal Veneficer.

Of the incident, His Highness recounted "When the pair of them went to see the state of it, a rather unfortunate incident occurred with the pixie being none too pleased. It resulted in the poisonings and death of some of our denizens. However, with the help of members of the Keep; above and below the crisis was averted. I would like to acknowledge those who aided in this."

The following individuals were acknowledged:

• Mistress Juliana, seras Isadora, Kathris and Fenn, for spearheading efforts to formulate a cure for the poison that afflicted so many
• Ser Atmos, for persuading the pixie into leaving the keep for the Under
• Sir Varick, for successfully acquiring two doses of the cure in order to save Lady Galatea and aid the Gardeners in their research
• Sera Kaira, for aiding in the acquisition of ingredients for the cure
• Sera Marcine, for discovering the most elusive of the ingredients required
• Dame Josie, for delivering the elusive ingredient to the Gardeners and for rescuing several individuals from Pixie's clutches
• Yeoman Tristan, for saving sera Auriela
• Ser Harabec, for saving sera Sigrun

Benevolently the Prince concluded, "The Crown extends their gratitude to all of those who were involved in and instrumental to the handling of this issue. It is cooperation like this that will see the Keep through the trying times ahead, and We are grateful that Our denizens are willing and able to come together in times of need, across Baileys and social barriers for the good of the Realm and each other."

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

sera Susan
Senior Chronicler

Kathris and Kaira verily approve this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum