Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Royal Army's Tournament of Arms - Semi-Finalist Rounds Empty Royal Army's Tournament of Arms - Semi-Finalist Rounds

Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:57 am
Twenty-fith Day, Sixth Moon,
Twenty-Third Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Senior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of  Royal Army's Tournament of Arms - Semi-Finalist Rounds.

The twenty-second day of the sixth moon brought the semi-finals of the Royal Army's Tournament of Arms.  Once more, the practice hall was filled with those both eager to represent their houses and guilds, and those seeking to support them.  

The first to fight this night was Master Nexian, who fought for Her Ladyship's Sinvy.  She had come to support her equerry, waving a small blue-violet pennant as she did so.  He fought against sera Heulyn, who was representing the LPA.  The match was closely handled and with a good showing on both sides as they sought to test themselves against each other.  After two rounds, sera Heulyn took the win and advanced to the finals.  She briefly complimented the Master Nexian noting, "You've improved a bit since the last time I faced you."

The second match of the semi-finals came from the intermediate round.  Master Aratan once more representing His Highness, Prince Bertram, fought against ser Venture, who stood in the tourney on behalf of Dame Josie.   While Master Aratan was able to take the first two rounds, ser Venture hoped to go for the honor point.  After the third round, ser Venture bowed to his opponent and expressed warmly, "A fine bout, Master. The Rangers trained you well."

Captain Vessa continued to officiate, bringing levity and charm to the evening.  She called the next batch of the evening to start, bringing Lieutenant  Kathris against Lieutenant Ilatai.  This match proved to be one that left the crowd on the edge of their seats.  Both Lieutenants were exceptionally close in skill, which was proven by the fact that this was the first time it had been needed to extend into three rounds.  

While Lieutenant Ilatai took the first round, Lieutenant Kathris was able to claim the second.  This left the pair at a stalemate and forced them into the third round.

Both fought with heart, bouncing swords off of each other.  After some time Lieutenant Kathris was able to secure the final round, securing herself a place in the finals.  Lieutenant Ilatai bowed to Lieutenant Kathris with hope,  "Well struck. You shall take my okayitude onward."

Lieutenant Kathris was tinged with both amusement and exhaustion from the lengthy rounds.  She too bowed to her opponent and declared her promise for all to hear, "I will bear the Okay mantle decently in your name."

The fourth and final match of the evening followed swiftly on the heels of Lieutenant Kathris's win.  Master Leodegrance and Sir Varick were to be the last battle of the evening.  Captain Vessa explained the rules as she had done for all pre previous.  She inclined her head to the last two semi-finalists, "Then may the Fates guide your steel. You may begin when ready."

Sir Varick and Master Leodegrance both expressed their thanks to the Royal Army and the opposing side.  Sir Varick bowing to both the Captain and the Master, "My gratitude to the army for the opportunity to compete this eve.  May your blade be swift and true, Master Leodegrance."

Master Leodegrance responded in turn He favorable bid Sir Varick,  "Grace guide your blades, Sir Varick."

These matches, being in the master tier, were an impressive show to all those present.  Master Leodegrance preferred his longsword while Sir Varick took the traditional Duelist route with a rapier and dagger.  Master Leodegrance took the first round after quite the struggle.    Captain Vessa stepped forward, "Take a moment to breathe. Settle your minds. You may begin again when ready."

A few moments of rest were all the two skilled swordsmen needed.  Steel clashed against steel as the Sir and the Master took to the floor again.  This time the victory was secured by Sir Varick after quite the show.  

Murmurs raised within the Practice Hall, as those cheering for swordsman began to debate on the third round.   It was during this that Sir Varick commented on the strength of the round, beckoning the Master to the center for one more round.  Master Leodegrance good-humoredly proposed to Sir Varick, "Seems so. Unless you wish to yield, in which case I accept. I am but an elderly man, my heart can only take so much dramatics. I was not a Duelist, recall."

Sir Varick shook his head with amusement, "I think I shall see how the game plays out. I rather find you to be at the peak of your strength."  

The third round was just as fierce as the previous two.  Metal found metal again and again.  Heavy hits were round by both sides.  Sir Varick caught Master Leodegrance harshly with the speed of his dagger and rapier as the Master leaned into more heavy hits.   With valiant efforts from both sides, a victor was determined.  Master Leodegrance won the final round, advancing onto the finals.  Both competitors complimented each other for their skills.  

The Lord Marshal, Dame Eeva, and Captain Vessa thanked those who had come for their support and participation.  They explained as all the bouts had been completed in a single night that tomorrow they would be taking a break for a fun intermission of old-school dueling styles.  They promised the group that final rounds would begin on Frey's day and expressed how they were looking forward to seeing everyone again.  

After a brief thank to the sorcerers present who had been helping to inspect the fights, the room was once more freed.  People slowly departed, most talking about the strength of the previous bouts or expressing predictions for the finals.  

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Sera Kaira
Senior Chronicler

You cannot reply to topics in this forum