Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

Yuletide Penny Pot Empty Yuletide Penny Pot

Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:20 pm

Twenty-secondth Day, Twelfth Moon
Twenty-fourth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Yuletide Penny Pot.

This past Tiu’s evening was made especially merry as a number of castle denizens gathered for a social hosted by Lady Calamity’s Household, at the sleigh in the Hunting Grounds. Armsman Nazrin served drinks, of which there was a delightful selection. After waiting for a time, Sir Raulison spoke, offering a few rounds of the penny pots game, using any of the currency from Yule as the bets.

For those unfamiliar with the game, the round begins by every participant setting a coin on the table. The first person rolls, and, depending on the roll, an action is taken. The descriptions of what one must do for the roll is as follows:

Rolled a one: The roller adds one coin to the pot.
Rolled a two: The roller adds two coins to the pot.
Rolled a three: Every participant adds a coin to the pot.
Rolled a four: The roller takes a coin from the pot.
Rolled a five: The roller takes two coins from the pot.
Rolled a six: The roller takes the entire pot.

A number of rounds were played, with much laughter and coaxing of the dice for good rolls. At one point, a musical figurine made an appearance on the board, so to speak, to dissuade Lord Ammanas from rolling so well.

Even with such added devices, indeed Lord Ammanas won quite often that night, including the last hand. His luck was well received by all those who attended, and the night ended on a high note.

Those who participated in this merry evening included: Lady Calamity, Lord Ammanas, Sir Raulison, Mistress Rosalind, Armsman Nazrin, Watchwoman Kallistya, Yeoman Kobe and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum