Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

Yuletide Storytelling Empty Yuletide Storytelling

Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:49 pm

Seventeenth Day, Twelfth Moon
Twenty-fourth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Yuletide Storytelling.

The denizens of the realm gathered on cold Woden’s night at the Aurora to listen to several tales of Yule by Mistress Kaira. Drinks were served before the storytelling began in earnest.

The Mistress opened with a somewhat dire entrance: “Far, far away in the frozen north lived a pair of twin brothers, their names were Klaus and Krampus. They were orphaned when they were very young when their parents’ had a tragic accident with a bear trap…” Fortunately, the tale continued into more happy themes, including an unending familial bond and why Klaus and Krampus are the symbols to the Yuletide and gift giving of this time of year.

Once the story was done, the guests were invited to more refreshments and socializing, which was gladly taken. After a spell, the Mistress began again with the second story, one that was a favorite. It recalled the myth of Mortimer the Golden Yule Ferret, and how his selflessness lead to him being elevated among creatures. It was truly a heartwarming tale.

As the evening wound down, it was suggested that the tale of the Yule spider be added next year, though a number of those gathered had not heard it yet. Fortunately, Mistress Taite could recall the tale as heard from Her Highness Princess Maeveen, and recounted it for all. It is another story of gift giving and magic, with a surprising end to the bittersweet tale.

Those who gathered included Lord Ammanas, Ladies Galatea and Sinvy, Major Vincint, Serjeant Tristan, Mistresses Kaira, Auriela, Taite and Brighde, Yeoman Kobe, seras Aleysia and Flora, ser Keyland and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum