Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

The Duel of ser Daiomonion and sera Mizuki Empty The Duel of ser Daiomonion and sera Mizuki

Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:16 am

Sixth Day, First Moon
Twenty-fifth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of the Duel of Ser Daiomonion and Sera Mizuki.

Denizens from both Baileys gathered in the practice room on Thor’s evening for a duel. Once everyone had settled into their positions, sera Josie addressed the assembly thusly: We are gathered this evening to witness a duel of honor between ser Daiomonion, championed by sera Aleysia, and sera Mizuki, as sanctioned by Dame Eeva. The terms are weapons of each individual's choice, and to first blood only. No armor, magic, shields, alchemy or otherwise creative additions. Once first blood is drawn I will call for the fighting to halt, and the wounded will be seen to by Apprentice Arlenia. As the duel is concluded, so does this insult get put to rest."

Sera Josie then allowed the participants to inspect the weapons, with Mistress Filusae, a sorceress, also inspecting them for magical enhancements. Once all parties were satisfied, and ceremonial bows taken by seras Aleysia and Mizuki, the duel began in earnest.

For the majority of the rounds, both combatants seemed fairly evenly matched, their blades dancing between them. It was not until towards the end, when sera Mizuki deftly dodged a series of attacks by sera Aleysia, that the scales were tipped. Shortly thereafter, sera Mizuki landed a blow against Aleysia’s ribs, drawing blood and ending the duel.

Sera Josie announced, "This matter of honor has been resolved in favor of sera Mizuki, and shall be put to rest henceforth." Sera Aleysia was then tended to by seras Kaori, Arlenia and Zephaniah.

After ser Daiomonion offered an apology to Mistress Kaira, sera Aleysia was taken to the infirmary, and everyone dispersed for the rest of their evening.

Those in attendance to witness this matter of Honor included Lord Ammanas, Lady Sinvy, Mistresses Kaira, Auriela, Filusae, Lieutenant Kathris, Corporal Raulison, Serjeant Tristan, Armsman Nazrin, Yeoman Khalea, sers Daiomonion, and Venture, seras Mizuki, Kaori, Aleysia, Josie, Zephaniah, Arlenia and Heulyn and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Last edited by Elaynie on Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote the wrong person down during an action)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum