Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorting House

+9
AdelineBlackburn
Heulyn
Takara
Venture
TrueCalamity
Aleysia
Susan
Enamar
Kaira
13 posters
Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Sorting House Empty Sorting House

Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:57 pm
Sooooooooo.....There was talk ooc earlier about what houses each character would be sorted into and how it should be up on the discord but I thought it might be cleaner here.  Please feel free to join in with your own characters' houses/sortings.  I did her wand and Patronus also It's fun!  

Kaira -
YOU’RE A
HUFFLEPUFF
DEDICATION, PATIENCE, LOYALTY

You might belong in Hufflepuff, Where they are just and loyal, Those patient Hufflepuffs are true And unafraid of toil.

And once again: congratulations on becoming a member of the friendliest, most decent and most tenacious house of them all.

Your wand is....English oak wood with a phoenix feather core, 11" and quite bendy flexibility

Your Patronus is.....A humming bird
Hummingbird - They’ll never see you coming - literally! In a blink of an eye, casters of this Patronus are often capable of a high level of tactical acumen that allows them to quickly get in and out. The small shape and beautiful design of these birds also hint to a witch or wizard’s allusiveness to pursuers captivated by the hummingbird’s charm.

Aleysia, Heulyn and Takara verily approve this post

Enamar
Enamar

Sorting House Empty Re: Sorting House

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:18 am
Do you have a link to the version of the test(s) you were doing?

Kaira verily approves of this post

Kaira
Kaira

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:32 am
I used the ones from Pottermore - https://my.wizardingworld.com/login . I did steal the Patronus information from mugglenet though. Cause it was cute <.<

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:49 am
I took this quiz, just because I didn't feel like making a Pottermore account: http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/bessir4we5_hogwarts.htm

Susan came out as Ravenclaw 8D

Aleysia, Heulyn, Takara and Kaira verily approve this post

Aleysia
Aleysia

Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:23 pm
Ravenclaws possess the traits of cleverness, wisdom, wit, intellectual ability and creativity. According to Slytherin prefect Gemma Farley, Ravenclaws are so competitive when it comes to academic success that they are known to back stab each other, and likely other students, in order to get top marks. Many well-known inventors and innovators have come from Ravenclaw.

Students in Ravenclaw are noted for their individuality and acceptance of people and things that others would consider weird, as well as their outstanding intelligence. They can also be quirky and possess unusual intellectual interests. While others may be inclined to shun and ridicule such people, Ravenclaws generally accept and celebrate these eccentrics. Though they are often called stuck up, that is not the case.

Your wand is : Alder wood with a phoenix feather core, 13" and unyielding flexibility

Your Patronus is: Dun Mare - Dun mares are known for their unique coloring. They are one of the few horses that are allowed to be registered by their coloring! The dun gene gives the horse a unique champagne color on top of their normal color. This beautiful and elegant gene mutation gives your Patronus a special glow that will fill your heart with warmth, giving your Patronus extra power to fight the Dementor in your path!

Heulyn, Takara and Kaira verily approve this post

TrueCalamity
TrueCalamity

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:46 pm
Slytherin (89)
Slytherins tend to be ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented. They also have highly developed senses of self-preservation.[10] This means that Slytherins tend to hesitate before acting, so as to weigh all possible outcomes before deciding exactly what should be done.

According to Albus Dumbledore, the qualities which Salazar valued in the students he had chosen included cleverness, resourcefulness, determination, and "a certain disregard for the rules." Dumbledore noted that all of these were qualities possessed by Harry Potter, who was a Gryffindor but was almost placed in Slytherin.[6]

Slytherins tend to take charge and possess strong leadership skills. They are often self-assured and confident of their own competence and can be very loyal.

YOUR WAND IS
Fir wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½" and reasonably supple flexibility

Your Patronus is the Crow -
The crow is a very well-known bird that some believe is an omen of dark magic. But if this is your Patronus, don’t fret! The crow is very resourceful, ambitious, and cunning. Once they set a goal, they always seem to get what they’re after. Crows are also fearless. Regardless of what sort of creature they find in the way of their goal, they will do anything they can to overpower it. They are also very smart and have been observed using tools to achieve their means. This is a Patronus anyone should be proud of having!

Venture
Venture

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:47 am
House: Gryffindor
The Gryffindor house emphasises the traits of courage as well as "daring, nerve, and chivalry," and thus its members are generally regarded as brave, though sometimes to the point of recklessness. Some Gryffindors have also been noted to be short-tempered. Notably, Gryffindor house contributed many members to Dumbledore's Army and the Order of the Phoenix, although this may have been because the main members made it a point not to associate with other houses.

According to Phineas Nigellus Black, members of other houses, particularly Slytherin, sometimes feel that Gryffindors engage in "pointless heroics." Another Slytherin, Severus Snape, considered many Gryffindors to be self-righteous and arrogant, with no regard for rules.

Wand: Willow wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12" and quite bendy flexibility
If your wand is dragon heartstring, this core as a rule produces ‘wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be the easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

Willow is an uncommon wand wood with healing power, and I have noted that the ideal owner for a willow wand often has some (usually unwarranted) insecurity, however well they may try and hide it. While many confident customers insist on trying a willow wand (attracted by their handsome appearance and well-founded reputation for enabling advanced, non-verbal magic) my willow wands have consistently selected those of greatest potential, rather than those who feel they have little to learn. It has always been a proverb in my family that he who has furthest to travel will go fastest with willow.

Most wands will be in the range of between nine and fourteen inches. While I have sold extremely short wands (eight inches and under) and very long wands (over fifteen inches), these are exceptionally rare. In the latter case, a physical peculiarity demanded the excessive wand length. However, abnormally short wands usually select those in whose character something is lacking, rather than because they are physically undersized (many small witches and wizards are chosen by longer wands).

Wand flexibility or rigidity denotes the degree of adaptability and willingness to change possessed by the wand-and-owner pair – although, again, this factor ought not to be considered separately from the wand wood, core and length, nor of the owner’s life experience and style of magic, all of which will combine to make the wand in question unique.

Patronus: Greyhound
The Greyhound is an intelligent, gentle creature. Sure, they are fast when need to be and are prey-driven, but for the most part, they are calm, affectionate, and easygoing with a sensitive nature. If your Patronus is a Greyhound, you’ve likely been wrongly accused of laziness or indifference by those who do not understand your calm disposition. You’re not lazy at all. You know exactly what you want and focus your energies on your target, but you don’t chase every opportunity. This focus allows you to live peacefully with others and not let every little thing upset you.

Last edited by Venture on Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Enamar
Enamar

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:46 am
Enamar is: 

Ravenclaw

Black walnut wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ½" and unbending flexibility

Fox Terrier Patronus

"If you want me, just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you?"

Takara
Takara

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:02 am
Years ago, I did all those tests for Umi and she sorted as Slytherin. Which... I feel, no longer suits her because of who she is now. She has changed. So I've redoned all the tests.

House: Gryffindor - COURAGE, BRAVERY, DETERMINATION
You might belong in Gryffindor, Where dwell the brave at heart, Their daring, nerve and chivalry Set Gryffindors apart.

Wand: Red oak wood with a phoenix feather core, 12 ¾" and unbending flexibility
You will often hear the ignorant say that red oak is an infallible sign of its owner’s hot temper. In fact, the true match for a red oak wand is possessed of unusually fast reactions, making it a perfect duelling wand. Less common than English oak, I have found that its ideal master is light of touch, quick-witted and adaptable, often the creator of distinctive, trademark spells, and a good man or woman to have beside one in a fight. Red oak wands are, in my opinion, among the most handsome.

This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike.

Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

Patronus: Lionesss

The lioness is a force to be reckoned with. She is the core of social order, keeping her family close, protected, and fed. She does not take kindly to strangers and will often run them off. If your Patronus is the lioness, you likely love with such ferocity, no one - not even a lion - would dare mess with you or anyone you love. You are brave, hardworking, and practical. You don’t mind getting your hands dirty to do what needs to be done to provide for those you love.

Aleysia, Heulyn and Kaira verily approve this post

Heulyn
Heulyn

Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 pm
This came as a surprise to me:

Ravenclaw (description posted previously)

YOUR WAND IS
Cedar wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ¼" and reasonably supple flexibility

Whenever I meet one who carries a cedar wand, I find strength of character and unusual loyalty. My father, Gervaise Ollivander, used always to say, ‘you will never fool the cedar carrier,’ and I agree: the cedar wand finds its perfect home where there is perspicacity and perception. I would go further than my father, however, in saying that I have never yet met the owner of a cedar wand whom I would care to cross, especially if harm is done to those of whom they are fond. The witch or wizard who is well-matched with cedar carries the potential to be a frightening adversary, which often comes as a shock to those who have thoughtlessly challenged them.

As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

YOUR PATRONUS
Dapple Grey Mare

Strong and filled with energy, the beautiful dapple gray mare will prance circles around you as she protects you from the darkness of the Dementors. Horses are full of vitality and the drive for life and love. Its beacon of positive energy will surround you and give you the strength to drive off the forces of darkness!

I cannot locate the descriptions for the wand or the patronus, so here you have it.

Last edited by Heulyn on Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Filusae, Takara and Kaira verily approve this post

Takara
Takara

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:24 pm
I found the wand woods here: Wand Woods

And the cores: Wand Cores

For the patronuses, they are no longer on the Wizarding World/Pottermore website AFAIK, but as previously mentionned, you can find descriptions for them on Mugglenet: What Does Your Patronus Say About Your Personality?

Heulyn, Filusae and Kaira verily approve this post

AdelineBlackburn
AdelineBlackburn

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 pm
YOU’RE A
Ravenclaw
WIT, LEARNING, WISDOM
You probably know that some of Ravenclaw’s most renowned members include Gilderoy Lockhart and Luna Lovegood. But did you know Ravenclaw’s Grey Lady is the least talkative Hogwarts house ghost, or that Ravenclaw’s common room boasts the most stunning views of the castle grounds?

YOUR WAND IS
Fir wood with a phoenix feather core, 10" and unyielding flexibility

YOUR PATRONUS
Unicorn

-----------------------------------

I also did the other one for fun and to see how they matched

Ravenclaw (100)
Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose intelligence is surest."

Ravenclaw students are typically intelligent, witty, and creative. Notable members include Luna Lovegood, Cho Chang, Padma Patil, Filius Flitwick (head of Ravenclaw), and Rowena Ravenclaw (founder of Ravenclaw).

Hufflepuff (100)
Slytherin (85)
Gryffindor (75)

Enamar
Enamar

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:30 am
I can't update my old post, but now I have the details:

Ravenclaw (IRL, I am more Slytherin)

Black walnut wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ½" and unbending flexibility

Less common than the standard walnut wand, that of black walnut seeks a master of good instincts and powerful insight. Black walnut is a very handsome wood, but not the easiest to master. It has one pronounced quirk, which is that it is abnormally attuned to inner conflict, and loses power dramatically if its possessor practises any form of self-deception. If the witch or wizard is unable or unwilling to be honest with themselves or others, the wand often fails to perform adequately and must be matched with a new owner if it is to regain its former prowess. Paired with a sincere, self-aware owner, however, it becomes one of the most loyal and impressive wands of all, with a particular flair in all kinds of charmwork.

Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ‘die’ and need replacing.

Fox Terrier Patronus

This is a small yet fearless dog that loves being outside and around people. If you have this Patronus, you are spunky and loyal. They work well in teams, so when teaming up with other Patronuses, you can't be beaten.

"If you want me, just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you?"

Heulyn and Kaira verily approve this post

Sirias
Sirias

Sorting House Empty Sirias

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:33 am
Ravenclaw (Figured that or Slytherin)

YOUR WAND IS
Ebony wood with a unicorn hair core, 14 ½" and slightly springy flexibility

This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.
Unicorn hair generally produces the most consistent magic, and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. Wands with unicorn cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts. They are the most faithful of all wands, and usually remain strongly attached to their first owner, irrespective of whether he or she was an accomplished witch or wizard.

Minor disadvantages of unicorn hair are that they do not make the most powerful wands (although the wand wood may compensate) and that they are prone to melancholy if seriously mishandled, meaning that the hair may ‘die’ and need replacing.

Dapple Grey Stallion
Those with passion and a yearning for independence are likely to have a Patronus that takes the form of some sort of horse. Horses are linked to nobility, confidence, and heroism. Witches and wizards from famous Quidditch players to battle heroes possess this Patronus, and it is easy to see why. If you have this Patronus, you love the adventures present in the world, and interesting things are sure to meet you in your future.

Heulyn and Kaira verily approve this post

Marcine
Marcine

Sorting House Empty Marcine

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 am
Surprising absolutely no one:
Hufflepuff
DEDICATION, PATIENCE, LOYALTY

Elm wood with a dragon heartstring core, 11 ¾" and pliant flexibility
The unfounded belief that only pure-bloods can produce magic from elm wands was undoubtedly started by some elm wand owner seeking to prove his own blood credentials, for I have known perfect matches of elm wands who are Muggle-borns. The truth is that elm wands prefer owners with presence, magical dexterity and a certain native dignity. Of all wand woods, elm, in my experience, produces the fewest accidents, the least foolish errors, and the most elegant charms and spells; these are sophisticated wands, capable of highly advanced magic in the right hands (which, again, makes it highly desirable to those who espouse the pure-blood philosophy).
As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

White Stallion

Those with passion and a yearning for independence are likely to have a Patronus that takes the form of some sort of horse. Horses are linked to nobility, confidence, and heroism. Witches and wizards from famous Quidditch players to battle heroes possess this Patronus, and it is easy to see why. If you have this Patronus, you love the adventures present in the world, and interesting things are sure to meet you in your future.

Me: Very surprised Marcine got the same Patronus type as Sirias c_c they're very different people.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum