Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Opening of Guild Week Empty Opening of Guild Week

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:17 am
Eighth Day,  Fourth Moon,
Twenty-Fifth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Opening of Guild Week.

People gathered with excitement in the Outer Bailey Courtyard around the second late bell of the eighth day of the fourth moon.  Pursuivant Herald Kobe and Master Herald Sir Varick were both welcoming and encouraging as people began to filter in.  

With a brief moment of distraction in the form of His Royal Highness, Prince Bertram, who was flitting about to further aid the upcoming guild week, things started with a buzz and excitement.  Ser Kobe started by explaining a few things,  "Guild Week has always held a special place in my heart because it is at the root and foundation of what makes this Castle amazing. Guild Week is about honoring each and every guild and showing how special they really are. The truth is without them, we really wouldn't have our functioning society."  

He proceeded to explain some of the upcoming events, which included a pamper party, a tourney, a flyting event, and fair few others.  He then proceeded to thank the other Heralds for assisting him with the event and everyone for coming.  He invited all present to the Refectory to join him in an opening chess tourney, evening hinting that His Excellency, Lord Boreas, had requested he be on the lookout for anyone particularly well versed in the game.

As people began to settle in the Refectory ser Kobe cast his gaze around in search of those eager to play.  Captain Vessa, holding a personal grudge against this chronicler, was eager to put her name forth for the possibility of smiting.  And a fair few others, including a Karl Zinian from the Duchy.  

The first round consisted of Captain Vessa against sera Milani, with the Captain taking the victory.  Also in this first round was Karl Zinian against Sir Varick, who tried to distract the Karl with banter and charm but came away without victory this time. This Chronicler battled her husband, Commander Nexian, and also failed to see impending doom.  Ser Venture also battled latecomer Yeoman Ilyas and took the victory for the Duelist.

During these ongoing events, the ever-crafty Mistress Auriela began her campaign to see more darts.  She started with Sir Varick before promptly moving on to ser Kobe, coaxing them both into promising her a dart night for the guild week, much to the amusement of those present.  Once confirmed that she would be able to topple all present soon, things swiftly turned to the finals.  

Captain Vessa was diligent and alert as she battled against the distracting and potentially devious  Commander Nexian, allowing her to squeak out a fierce victory.   During this dramatic unfolding, Karl Zinian battled ser Venture for a spot in the finals.  Both bantered as they made their moves but it was eventually ser Venture that claimed the win.

This left the final match between Captain Vessa and ser Venture.  Both handled it with a solemnity that the occasion called for, as Captain Vessa recalled the way the game used to be played in the Outer, basically tying it to a version of truth or dare.  Though the battle was close, it was eventually ser Venture that was declared the champion of the night.

Those present at these events include but are not limited to  His Royal Highness, Prince Bertram, Sir Varick, Captain Vessa, Commander Nexian, Pursuviant Herald Kobe, Mistress Auriela, Karl Zinian, sera Milani and Elaynie, Armsman Nazrin, Watchman Kvalhion, ser Venture and this chronicler.  

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Kaira
Court Chronicler

flaeib verily approves of this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum