Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

A Practice with the Militia Empty A Practice with the Militia

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:43 am

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Junior Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of A Practice with the Militia.

Sounds echoed from the Practice Room in the Outer Bailey last Sun’s, as the recently rebuilt Royal Army’s militia had gathered for practice. When Commander Nexian was asked the reasons why the Militia had be reassembled, he answered:

"Two reasons mainly. The first being that we know of at least one force planning to invade us and whom knows how many others are plotting it. The second, I have always felt there was a gap in the Outer since the Battler's were dissolved. I tried to find those willing to rebuild it but found none interested enough to work with my sponsorship. So the Militia may help fill the gap for those seeking a more casual martial group to join in with. We are nay as demanding as the regular Army, Watch, or Duelists.”

The Commander then elaborated further on the casual nature of the group, stating that “the Militiamen are bound only to follow the Army's orders when their duty is called upon during attacks on our home. They are otherwise completely free to do as they wish in the daily lives. Whereas the Regular army holds far greater expectation on our behaviors.”

For this particular practice, ser Venture and sera Avis practiced with the Commander, who gave advice as well as answered questions. Both denizens managed fairly well against him, though they were bested by him. Sera Avis was inspired by this practice to join the militia’s ranks, as well. Other practices of this nature will be forthcoming, but none have been announced at this time.

Those in attendance to this meet include Commander Nexian, Mistress Kaira, Yeoman Kobe, ser Venture, sera Avis and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum