Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Ardor's Bouquets and Bashings Empty Ardor's Bouquets and Bashings

Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:30 pm
Fifteenth Day,  Second Moon,
Twenty-Fifth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Ardor's Bouquets and Bashings.

The twelfth day of the moon saw the beginning of Ardor and two well-attended events, The Ardor Tourney and Bouquets and Beverages.

Serjeant Nexian started the festival, much the same as last year, with an 'All is Fair in Love and War' tourney which pitted couples or singles against each other.  The Serjeant welcomed both participants and watchers to the room as people settled.  He explained the very loose rules and permitted people to start teaming up.  This year's teams consisted of Koari and Kobe, Trenna and Kathris, Cordon and Melle, Nazrin and Kallistya, and singles Ameria and Filusae.  

Chaos filled the room with amusement as cheers went out from those sitting in the stands and the matches began in earnest.  Focused flipped between the combatants with trading and bribing kept things lively. Trenna, Kathris, and Filusae focused on a temporary triad that served them well through the battle.  The first to fall was Ser Nazrin.  He was followed quite promptly by Initiate Kaori. Sers Kobe, Melle, and sera Kallistya kept in a bit longer but also eventually had to give in.  Karl Ameria lasted a little longer.  Mistress Filusae removed herself in aide of her triad and this left only Cordon, Trenna, and Kathris.  It was Mistress Kathris who struck the final blow against Cordon, winning the tourney for herself and huskarl Trenna.  Serjeant Nexian congratulated the winners and passed over a hefty prize purse.  

Merriment continued for nearly half a bell before many in the group crossed the hall and ventured into the Gardener's suite.  Sera Elaynie was already there and tending to plants in preparation for upcoming Ardor festivities.  Sera Mizuki greeted the group warmly and explained that there were plenty of bouquet materials for crafting on the center table.  Both seras proceeded to take a good number of orders from denizens hoping to taste or smell the special Ardor offerings from the garden society.  

Mistress Kathris hovered here and there and let those present know that Lady Calamity was sponsoring a singular rose for all denizens to pick from, between burgundy and ivory.  She explained both of their meanings, citing passion and loyalty for the burgundy one and a new love for the ivory as people plucked which color they wanted.  

The gardeners continued with the bell, engaging and welcoming all who wandered in, offering good company and fun crafts.  These events had a plethora of denizens between them, a warm and encouraging start for the Ardor festivities with many more yet to come this week.  

Some of those that wandered in and out of these events included Dame Eeva, Lieutenant Kathris, Serjeant Nexian, Mistresses Auriela and Filusae, sers Kvalhion, Venture, Izrith, Vaden, Kobe and Melle, seras Josie, Mizuki, Kallistya, Kaori, Elaynie and Khalea and Huskarls Trenna and Cordon, and Karls Ameria, Masashi and Jacquette and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Kaira
Court Chronicler
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum