Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Creatures Return Empty Creatures Return

Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:16 pm
Twenty-Seventh Day,  First Moon,
Twenty-Fifth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Creatures Return.

Shortly before the twelfth bell rang out in the castle,  an acidic smell filled the Great Hall as green smoke filtered into the room.  Not more than a moment later, a tiny green toad-like pixie popped out from the murk.

Creature, having previously visited the castle during the 'Poisoning Incident' of the twenty-second year which was sadly unchronicled, in which the fae was defending 'her' home of the Conservatory, seemed to be back.  It was during this incident that many denizens from the castle, including Lady Galatea, Thrall Sigrun, Masters Tristan and Mistress Auriela, sera Josie, and a fair few others were infected by a deadly poison from either Creature or the vines that the fae-controlled.  Only one life was lost, sera Vasilisia, who was poisoned but perished in attempts to remove the vines.  

Creature was wooed and subdued by Huskarl Atmos who promised himself in marriage to appease the particularly pretty but equally vain fae creature.  She has been seen once since but has thus far been contended with her home in the Duchy of Rumis, taking up residence in their garden instead.

Creature has wavy grey-blue hair, decorated in twisting sprigs and leaves.    She stands about the height five inches or so, barely bigger than most chess pieces.  She is decorated in feathery, iridescent wings and has a forked tongue that makes it difficult for her to speak common, though she does understand it - She can however ribbit in Teanga quite fluently.  As a particular caution that this Chronicle has experienced when trying to communicate with this particular fae - She can not read or write, at least in common, and takes great offense and embarrassment to the knowledge.  

As she appeared within the Great Hall, she fluttered directly over the chess board and quite firmly directed this Chronicler to join her in a game of skill.  It should be noted that it was only after the game had started that the pretty fae creature decided we were playing for stakes, explaining something silver would be given to the winner.

While not overly talkative during the game, intent and focused on her moves, she did inform this chronicler that she wished the castle to know something.  Her wings fluttered as she declared, "Creature has learned what -bet- is."

This chronicler lost the game against the little fae who celebrated with a tiny little fist pumping.  She turned to this chronicler followingly and declared, "Something silver! I will claim my winnings tonight!"

This indicates that the fae will at least return to the castle tonight, but I would not be surprised if she did not make other visits to the denizens to test out her new betting ability.  This Chronicler would like to caution the denizens that while this fare is dangerous she does not seem to attack without prompting and is quite fond of her appearance, responding better to sincere compliments, particularly upon her wings.  Something will be prepared for the fae, who is called 'Creature' by her choosing but as always, denizens should be alert and mindful that if she appears - duckcalls seem to cause some stress to sensitive hearing, and unless it is an emergency is best to ask before their use.  

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Kaira
Court Chronicler

You cannot reply to topics in this forum