Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Duelist Inductions Empty Duelist Inductions

Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:47 pm
Twenty-Fourth Day,  First Moon,
Twenty-Fifth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Duelist Inductions.

Denizens from all baileys gathered in the Duelist Hall on the 21st day of the 1st moon.  The room was packed, with many lounging on the purple sofa or treating themselves to drinks from the bar.  The Duelist gave everyone time to settle and excitement to dim before ser Venture stepped forward.

The room quieted as ser Venture called for attention and began his introductions, "We are gathered here, this evening, to bear witness and accept solemn oath from one who will walk the path of a Duelist now and forevermore. To join the ranks of this sacred Family, to hold and to protect; and to protect and honor us in turn. To live by the way of Virtue and Honour, to protect the weak, and to serve as a beacon of integrity and chivalry to Her Majesty's denizens here, in the Outer Bailey."

The Duelist then gestured to seras Larysa and Mizuki, calling them both for.  He explained to the room that sera Mizuki was his pledge and sera Larysa the pledge of ser Mark Trevyane.  Both sera stepped forward to the center of the room as all eyes lingered on the proceedings.   Ser Venture once more gestured with seriousness, "This oath that you - both of you - are to swear is binding, carrying through life and death, to stay with you until such time that you depart from the Duelist Society with Honour. To break this vow is to bring shame and dishonor upon yourself, that you will be vilified and held in contempt by all Duelists. If either of you are unready, or unwilling to swear such an oath, step back now."

Neither sera stepped back.  Ser Venture Venture then proceeded with the solemn vows.  Both swore to uphold all the virtues as ser Venture went through each one.  The ser then proceeded to create a small slice in both palms of the seras and his own, sealing their oaths in blood.  

Cheers erupted from the room as people began congratulating the new Duelist Larysa and Mizuki and the other Duelist began to welcome them to the family.  Ser Venture produced two Duelist hats and settled them on the head of each sera.  The sera promptly and stylishly began employing said hats.

Merriment went on for quite a while after the ceremony, many linger for light snacks and drinks before settling back into their proper baileys.  

Attendees for this event included  Luitenant Darvius, Yeoman Kobe, Armsman Nazrin, Mistress Auriela, Huskarl Adayne, Karl Kennera, Thrall Masashi, sers Venture and Trevayne, seras Larysa, Mizuki, Elaynie, Arlenia and Heulyn and this chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Kaira
Court Chronicler

You cannot reply to topics in this forum