Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kaira
Kaira

Matrimony of Master and Mistress O'Breslin Empty Matrimony of Master and Mistress O'Breslin

Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:16 pm
Thirty-First Day,  Twelfth Moon,
Twenty-Fourth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Court Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Matrimony of Master and Mistress O'Breslin.

Merriment rang through the castle as denizens from every bailey gathered under the aurora on the 29th day of the 12th moon. The normally rustic banquet table with various gold serving trays, bedecked in unique and unusual treats. A rustic birch flower box was blossoming with an artful and sentimental arrangement and a trellis stood center of all the tables.

Mistress Auriela and Master Tristan entered shortly after the seventh bell and began to greet their guest with joy, welcoming all to their wedding. Master Tristan was wearing a lovingly crafted mulberry and evergreen kilt while Mistress Auriela was flitting about in a golden champagne gown made of cascading chiffon delicately covered with a mulberry and evergreen sash. Both of the pair were bedecked in golden jewelry with a knotwork theme.

While Her Majesty was in attendance to support Her Handmaiden, it was His Highness who conducted the ceremony. He bid the couple place their hands on the Capitulary and asked them what surname had been chosen. At this, it was Master Tristan who spoke up, "The surname O'Breslin has been chosen, Your Highness."

His Highess started first with Master Tristan, "Repeat after me: I Tristan Shea O'Breslin do freely take this woman, Auriela Marguerite Roussel as my lawfully wedded wife, and in so, bind myself to her and no other for the duration of my life in the Castle Marrach, as presided over by Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne."

Master Tristan repeated the vows, though there was some small trouble hearing him during the name of his bride but such is likely due to the size of the landscape the event was taking place in. Beams and blushes were plentiful in the crowd as they watched Mistress Auriela repeat the same sentiment for her groom, with a very firm emphasis on her name and an amused look towards His Highness. His Highness then gave the couple the formal declaration and permission upon which they could kiss, "By the power vested in me, by Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, I pronounce you Man and Wife, under the surname of O'Breslin."

The couple shared a very sweet kiss and a tender moment of quiet words before turning to their guest. Serjeant Nexian blew a loud party cone and this chronicler and others tossed glitter bombs at the couple as there was applause and cheers all around. Master Tristan then beckoned the war-hound Rian and gathered a precious hourglass from the puppy. Turning it to mark the time since they were wed.

Guest and the newly married couple enjoyed an adventurous mountain of food which included frog legs and crepes. Her Majesty and His Highness lingered in amusement for a bit, watching the festivities and cheer before politely excusing themselves. One of the many highlights of the eve included 'danger bread' which is a tradition from Master Tristan's previous life. This includes a little bread with a token baked inside that is meant to tell your fortune for the upcoming year. There were a few however, including Lady Chorus, Mistress Taite, and Master Tristan himself who were not quite as prepared for the surprise.

Overall the event was a welcome warm to the frosty landscape. Much merriment was had by all pleasant and after a few bells the new Mistress and Master O'Breslin went off to celebrate their matrimony.

Those present for this event include Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, His Highness, Prince Bertram, Ladies Sinvy, Chorus and Galatea, Lord Ammanas, Dame Eeva, Captain Vessa, Sir Varick, Serjeant Nexian, Yeoman Khalea, Mistress Auriela, Rikka, Nariseth, Filusae, Rosalind, Taite and Brighde, Masters Tristan, seras Elaynie, Arlenia, Kallistya, Trenna and Tamiko, sers Cordon, Venture, Kobe and Nazrin and this Chronicler.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.

Mistress Kaira
Court Chronicler

Tristan verily approves of this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum