Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Elaynie

Charades and Cocoa Empty Charades and Cocoa

Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:11 pm

Twentieth Day, Twelfth Moon
Twenty-fourth Year of Recent Awakenings

In accordance with the will of Her Majesty and in upholding the duties charged to me as Aspirant Chronicler, I hereby submit the account of Charades and Cocoa.

The riverside in the hunting grounds was met with good cheer from both the Baileys as seras Flora and Imillia presented the evening’s festivities.

There were warm drinks for refreshments and those gathered spent some time socializing before the game got underway.

The rules were as follows: Inside a particular package were a number of scrolls, with particular Yuletide things written on them. A member of each team would choose a scroll and then act out what it described, without speaking. The other members of the team had two ticks to guess what they were presenting. After some discussion, it was decided that the audience could participate as well; and if they were able to guess correctly, the point would go for that particular team.

The teams were made up of Armsman Nazrin and Yeoman Kobe on one team, with Watchman Melcior and ser Keyland on the other.

In total, there were six rounds in all, with the teams acting out such things as ‘a faerie lights’ and ‘mistletoe kiss’, with many guesses and laughter between all gathered.

Both teams had tied by the end of the evening, and so a last round was presented, where both teams went at the same time; the one who guessed their item correctly would be deemed winner of Charades of Cocoa for the year.

Watchman Melcior and ser Keyland won, with ser Keyland answering ‘Lupine’ just ahead of Yeoman Kobe’s ‘Giving a gift’. They were thus crowned as winners for the evening, winning not only bragging rights, but a secret scarf embroidered with words declaring them champion for the year.

Those who attended this lovely gathering include Lord Ammanas, Mistresses Filusae and Rikka, Armsman Nazrin, Watchman Melcior, Watchwoman Kallistya, Yeoman Kobe, ser Keyland, seras Flora and Imillia.

The information for this chronicle was obtained by interview with the hostesses.

This chronicle will be subject to changes and corrections. I humbly ask all readers to please indicate to me discreetly, any falsehoods I may have mistakenly communicated. It is by means of the conservation of the Past that we continue to serve Her Majesty and give substance to those that follow.

In service to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne, The Office of the Chronicler, and the Denizenry of Her Majesty's Realm.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum