Castle Marrach
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Susan
Susan

Search the old chronicles and rumours! Empty Search the old chronicles and rumours!

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:13 am
My read-only search tool of the old forum posts is now live. You can find it here:
http://unseen.observer

It should work on any device or desktop as it is fully mobile responsive. You don't need a login, just have fun searching! The actual search code is all server-side which means it ought to be pretty fast!

Unfortunately I was not able to save all of the posts on the forum before they were shut down. What we do have is:

• All the chronicles (except for a few recent ones which I'll be looking to rectify with the help of my esteemed colleagues at the Office of the Chronicler)
  • All of the whispered rumours (except possibly a couple of recent ones, not sure about that)
  • All of the Clock Tower Herald issues
  • All of the Triacurs Tribune issues (that guy was a freaking legend)
  • Approximately ~600 assorted IC posts from regular denizens

Please note:

I am not a 'staff' member and this is not an official CM website! If you encounter any bugs or would like to ask for assistance with accessibility or any other issues, please message me directly on Discord (Candlejack#3019). Any bugs or issues with the search tool have nothing to do with the CM staff so please do not harangue them about it!

Known issues:

• some posts will come up with tiny font sizes or weird symbol errors because of the nature of the BB code used in the original forum posts. I am thinking about how to make this better but for now your best bet is to zoom in on the page.
  • currently you can only search by keyword, with some filtering options. There isn't an option to grab "everything from 2012" or whatever.
  • if an original forum thread ran to 2 or more pages, I wasn't able to save the page 2 content. This is really frustrating because I know for a fact some of the IC threads had really spicy content on page 2 and I couldn't save it in time. I'm so sorry D:
  • there's no pagination currently so if you do a search that returns 7000+ results you will have a lot of scrolling to do. (try searching for the word 'the', it's hilarious)
  • I incorporated emojis into the site because they're fun and cute and it saves on having to come up with actual graphic icons (it's also more performant than loading images everywhere). However, not all emojis are standardised across all platforms and browsers so if you see anything truly bizarre, please feel free to send me a screenshot!

I might be adding improvements to this over time just for fun, but it's a side project, so please don't hold your breath!

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made it Sticky. - Admin)

Admin, StoryPlotter Yuuta, Taite, Enamar, Heulyn, Brook, Takara and Hannah verily approve this post

Brook
Brook

Search the old chronicles and rumours! Empty Re: Search the old chronicles and rumours!

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:20 am
This is incredible, thank you so much! <3
Susan
Susan

Search the old chronicles and rumours! Empty Re: Search the old chronicles and rumours!

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:39 pm
Minor update:

Did you ever click on a search result and get an empty page that looked a bit like this?

Search the old chronicles and rumours! WURjwLS

Some URLs had dodgy characters in them which meant the content wouldn't load properly, despite it being present in the available data. I've fixed it, so any previously 'broken' posts will now display properly.

Feel free to message me on discord if you encounter any problems ^ u ^

Ammanas verily approves of this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum